Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

O'Keeffe marks the end to this years traveling art journal journey!

Well here I am, just a bit late with my entry for Gemma's art journal.  Her artist of choice was Georgia O'Keeffe- one of my all time favorites.  I've always loved O'Keeffe's use of color and shape with that touch of surrealism- YUM!
I knew I wanted to do a combination of flowers and bones and I've always been inspired by her white on white on white paintings, so I decided to do a triptych spread with the outside a collaged nod to her bones and flowers series opening to a double duo of poppies.
For the cover entry, I took advantage of having a blank canvas to play with (the artists that went before me did the front and inside covers) and being the last, I could be selfish and take over the whole cover (insert evil grin here ;-)) so I did and had a BLAST doing an O'Keeffe-ish landscape with another floating skull and flower.

What a perfect way to end this year's art journey with one of my favorite artists!
Have a blessed day!
xxoo
Stephanie

9 comments:

Kim Collister Studio said...

You are so awesome! Your work should be right up there with hers!
You never fail to blow me away! Another wonderful amazing journey with the most amazing f

Kim Collister Studio said...

Darn buttons! AMAZING FRIENDS!
Mucho love!
XOXO

Netty said...

wow your artwork is so beautiful Stephanie. Hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Maggie said...

Steph, you and O'Keeffe are just a perfect fit! SO awesome, the white on white with the surprise of the bold colors in the poppy behind it! And the skull and landscape back cover could be mistaken for an O'Keeffe. I love the bright red line on the horizon. I'm sure Gemma will be thrilled with these pages!

gma said...

This is just wonderful Stephanie. I LOVE the fabulous cut-out. The poppies are beautiful. You have some major skills Stephanie. Thank you so much. I will treasure this. xxx

WrightStuff said...

I'm blown away! You have done an amazing job Steph. Maggie is right - you and Georgia were made for each other!

John Richards said...

Great Article.

Victoria said...

Gorgeous and beautiful..always inspiring! Just wanting t wish you a very magical and creative 2015!
Hugs and blessings
Victoria

Unknown said...

Water Hack Burns 2 lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

Over 160 000 men and women are hacking their diet with a simple and SECRET "liquid hack" to burn 1-2 lbs each and every night in their sleep.

It is painless and it works on anybody.

This is how you can do it yourself:

1) Get a drinking glass and fill it up with water half glass

2) Now follow this crazy HACK

and be 1-2 lbs skinnier the very next day!