Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Solstice Dance

WOW, I LOVED camp last week, it was so much fun to have the house full of littles and all that creativity surging through the house!  BUT, I guess I'm starting to get old 'cause it wiped me out!  It took most of the weekend for me to recover my energy and here I am again!
Yesterday, I finished the Goddess painting for Lisa Wright's book and I realized that when I finish her pages (I still want to add a quote/prayer) and mail it to Miss Maggie of The Fanciful Magpie, we'll be more than halfway done with our round robin- SO exciting!
So here's what it ended up looking like:
I also took several close ups that I will use for my "Cards of Whimsy" in my Etsy shop.  I hope that doesn't seem tacky, I enjoyed doing this painting so much, I want it in my shop too!




And some of you might remember my mandala that I'd planned on accompanying the solstice painting.....it's finished too, but silly me, I made it too big!  That's OK though, while I was finishing it (before I realized it wouldn't work for Lisa), I kept thinking how perfect it would have been for Kat who 
LOVES mandalas- so, now it's for her book, which is sitting on my desk patiently waiting for attention!

That's all for now, I need to finish Lisa's page, so I can get it in the mail by (or before ;)) Friday and then I need to focus on an entry for the Summer of Color- 
I missed last week and want to make sure I'm set for this one!
xx
Stephanie

7 comments:

Healing Woman said...

I think you should use it everywhere you can! It is my favorite of your paintings so far. I love the transparent look and the new colors you added. Hummm..I wonder what quote you could give it??? So many would fit. It is a card of whimsy but so much more.

Valerie-Jael said...

It's really gorgeous, lucky Lisa having it in her book! Have a rest now that the littl'uns have gone! Hugs, Valerie

Maggie said...

Oh so gorgeous Stephanie!! The color palette is fantabulous, I love the complimentary blues and oranges. And the way the dancers flow across the page ~ so graceful!

Are we half done with our round robin? Wow, it's been so much fun! Your amazing mandala is perfect for Kat, as this painting is perfect for Lisa. I'm so lucky to be the first to see it in person :)

I enjoyed your camp photos. Your little campers are adorable, and look very happy :) Enjoy your week ... rest up!

Tara Dillard said...

Excited about taking your classes!

Lectured last nite & a woman came up to me afterward. Discussing her love of opera, then conversation flowed more & she brought up YOUR name.

I had said nothing about knowing you, taking your classes....

Small, exciting world.

XO T

Carol said...

I am totally in love with this painting !!! You should use it on everything that it will work on!!!

EVA said...

Lucky ladies! These are both so gorgeous! Love the flow and joy, especially in Lisa's pages.

Gorgeous!!

Tracey FK said...

both of them are going to be soooo thrilled to get this wonderfulness... and hope you get some down time so you can recover from the kids... it is exhausting isn't it!!!