Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Garden didn't know it was Winter......


Yesterday was the first hard freeze we've had this Winter; up until then, many of my flowers were still behaving as if it was much warmer!  Luckily, I read the forecast and took some pictures before everything shriveled up and turned black- a kind of final hurrah to my garden of 2011 if you will....

So here they are.;
 this rose; Perle d'Or has been blooming since just before my birthday in April....
that's .eight months!

 these are African daisies and they too have been going and going and going...
I'm really hoping they've reseeded but if not, you can be sure I'll be getting as many as I can next year- cheap, beautiful and long lasting; my favorite kind of flower!

 
where I live, snapdragons and pansies do bloom on and off all winter- I just couldn't resist sharing how pretty they are ;)

At the time I took these pictures, we also still had some peppers and pineapple sage going strong in the veggie garden, I just didn't make it back that far.

And, on a final note, my art classes started back up yesterday.
Here are my 5th graders working on their Name Kaleidoscopes- so easy yet SO effective!  I'll share more pictures when they're finished.

I'll be back soon to share pictures from my Christmas camps, which was a blast!
ttfn,
Stephanie


5 comments:

Healing Woman said...

We just had our first freeze yesterday too. So sad to see the flowers gone isn't it? My herbs are still ok though but not great.

Your kids look like they are learning so much Stephanie. Lucky 5th graders.

I'm finally back to the blog scene too-I always have to take a break at the holidays.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, love all the flowers in your garden! Great to see the kiddies painting again, too! Take care of yourself, nice to see you blogging again! Hugs, Valerie

Netty said...

Loving the flowers in your garden and great to see the childrens art class at work, x

Carola Bartz said...

I love African Daisies as well, and they really go on and on... Your garden pictures are beautiful.

Jaime Haney said...

What?! I'm soooooo jealous. Everything here is de-eh ad.