Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Off To Meet The Wizard.......



I'm a long time fan of the Wizard of Oz and so, I was SO excited when I came up with this project!  I based it on when Glinda warns the Wicked Witch of the West that someone could drop a house on her too......I thought it was great all around- they could do a little life drawing- the shoes, imagination drawing-the houses and color theory- create a family of colors and repeat them throughout the design.....
see, there IS a method to my madness ;)
After practicing drawing shoes in their sketchbooks, it was time to draw them on their final papers....

then they drew nd painted their houses on a separate paper to be collaged over the shoes.....

 wrote out the words with oil pastel and painted a water color resist......



 and this is what they ended up looking like!


aren't they the funnest?
If you'd like to see some of our other projects; here's the link to my ArtSonia Gallery
That's all for now, believe it or not, I actually have time to paint this morning, so I'm off to sling some paint.....I'll be back some with a little of my Halloween home effects ;)
TTFN,
Stephanie



3 comments:

Regina said...

OMGOSH...I love them. What a great Halloween decoration to use too. Just mat and frame and "POOF" a great decoration. Some very young talented artist there.....of course,they have an excellent teacher.

Hugs!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful work from the kiddies based on a great idea from you! Hugs, Valerie

Healing Woman said...

What an inspiring theme for your students. I could never pick a favorite since all of the witches boots are creative and colorful and plain old "witchy" How lucky these girls are to have you helping them along the way to becoming artists one day.