Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My July Entry for Andrea's Sketchbook

Yay, I finally finished my entry for Andrea's sketchbook....I had so much fun doing this and truthfully, half the fun was when I thought I'd messed it up and had to brainstorm until I'd figured it out.
Here it is finished:
And for those of you who didn't see it on Friday; this is what I started with, but it didn't work with the background I'd made for it, so I cut it up and "made some lemonade"........

For the first page, I always loved the background, just not with my painting, so here is my picasso inspired painting in pop up format- which I must admit, I'm realllly happy with!

And to update from yesterday....I never did see my dragonflies- I wonder if they're hiding from me knowing I want to take a picture?  But, I did get a picture of our little froggie (Emmie has named him Toadie) and our Swallowtail butterflies that have just started coming through....

That's all for now, folks- I need to get back to work on my canine portrait and start sketching for my IA challenge....
Have a great day!
x
Stephanie

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work and photos! Valerie

artbrat said...

Great entry! I love seeing everyone's take on how to portray the month!!

Regina said...

Oh Stephanie...I love your entry. I think sometimes the "lemonade" is so much better!!

Love the garden photos. Looked like Toadie was a bit shy..just peeking out. Bet he warned the dragonfly..you know how shy faeries ummm I mean dragonflies are. ^_^ Thank you for the butterfly photos..you know how much I love them and what they mean to me.

Hugs,
Regi

Plumrose Lane said...

Thought I'd stop by for a quick visit since it's been faaaar too long ~ looks like you've been up to your usually fabulous creativity and are not short of wonderful summer inspiration!
♥Sharon

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Maybe the dragonflies are hiding from the froggie, not you! And I was so impressed with the way you made that painting work for you. Waste not, want not, I always say. Both spreads are incredible.

Netty said...

Fabulous spreads and love the pop up, such a great idea. Not keen on the frog as frogs and I do not get on........... Annette x

Jaime Haney said...

your spread turned out great! it was lemons in the first place woman! but I really do like the cut up version too :)

your little frog is so cute! how will you know if he's a bullfrog?

xx, Jaime