Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

New Painting, OWOH travels and Still having Computer Woes.......

Yes I'm still here I just haven't been very vocal lately ;)
My husband has been kind enough to let me use his computer but since it doesn't have my image software on it, it's a real challenge to post pictures!  I have to download them onto my computer, and cross my fingers that it not crash in the time it takes to download, crop, flip and any other editing I might want to do.  THEN, I have to go to Picasa and download again so I can access said images from here......argh, it's a real pain in the you-know-what!  At least I have a 'puter I can use tho'.......
Anyway, the reason I popped my head in today was to let you guys know I'm still around- I have been spending some time at OWOH and WOW(!) I've made so many new friends that I can't wait to get to know better!
So, onto my new painting- I sold one of my old paintings a couple of weeks ago
to the nicest lady- she loved the painting so much she wanted to design a wall around it and commissioned me to do two more :D
As it happened, I had another painting I had meant to be paired with this one, but it was at the gallery, so she didn't know it was available.  I showed her the image and she bought that one too!  I was VERY happy because it had been a couple of months since I sold a painting and while you try not to take it personally, it's hard not to.....
Then she commissioned me to do a third painting to complete the set.  I chose to do a Camellia which I've been wanting to for a while.  I had so much fun- I always forget how much I enjoy working with a palette of whites....
Anyway, here is my "Camellia by Moonlight" I apologise for how blue it is, in real life the colors are in the same palette as the iris and tulip.
So that's about enough from me.  I've been doing some journals and an entry for Inspiration Avenue- I'll try to blog about them later after coaxing my computer to let me upload the images.
For now, have a great day!
Stephanie



4 comments:

Georgina said...

Stephanie, your painting are absolutely gorgeous! Hope you have better luck with your computer. This is my 3rd computer since 1997!! I don't know if that's the norm, or I'm really behind in the technology dept.!! LOL

Hope you have a great weekend.

Georgina

Healing Woman said...

Congratulations on the sale and commission! I know, I feel the same. I get antsy when I haven't sold anything for awhile. I think we all do. Anyway, I'm doing just like you, making more friends on OWOH and will be posting after it's over. Good luck on getting computer fixed.

Joanne Huffman said...

I absolutely hate computer woes and am reminded how dependent I am on my computer anytime something goes wrong. I love your white palette paintings.

Unknown said...

Oh Steph, your paintings are always breathtaking. How wonderful to have someone do a whole wall of them. Congratulations! I have your snail mail and will be sending you something handmade sometime when you least expect it.
hugs,
Tammy