Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Painting, "Invoking the Glory of Spring"

I suppose I have Spring on the mind- we had the most amazing weekend last week and I have been yearning for warm weather ever since!  Anyway, my last painting was based on Spring and this one is too......I had a lot of fun painting her- since my computer isn't working properly, I turned to a book of vintage photos for inspiration and there I found my lady with the mask....... I decided that I wanted her to be surrounded with all the glory of spring; and so, here she is!  I didn't mean for her to suggest Marie Antoinette, but in my mind she does......ah well, I like her whoever she looks like!

I also seem to have developed a thing for hummingbirds- I keep feeling the need to include them in my art!
That's all for now- I'm back to the OWOH tours......
Hugs,
Stephanie

10 comments:

Victoria said...

Brilliant and beautiful..and boldy poetic!! I am charmed!

LuLu Kellogg said...

This is breathtaking! LOVE IT!

xoxo

Priti Lisa said...

WoW! This is crazy good, Stephanie! She does remind me of M.A. Flowers, faces, mystery and a humming bird...her hand is incredible! WoW!!!
xox

Priti Lisa said...

Oh...I forgot to mention...your gifts for OWOH are beyond generous...I feel stingy now. 8-D

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Incredible!! This may be my favorite yet.

Healing Woman said...

THIS IS AMAZING! You have outdone yourself. Must go back and look again. Wow.

Kim Mailhot said...

Gorgeous peeping ! I love the hummingbirds too ! Just beautiful !

Kelly Jeanette Swift said...

I love the masked lady and the hummingbirds.

Joanne Huffman said...

Your masked lady is a joy to look at - and, I'm certainly looking forward to spring (from snowy and icy Michigan). She does evoke the memory of Marie Antoinette. And, the hummingbird is full of spring energy.

Simply Debbie said...

Dear Stephanie,
I read a comment from Laurie on the give away post that quote she hopes you make it to Paris this year. It is my Dream to go to Paris and I am in love with the Eiffel tower. I plead with everyone that goes to Paris to please send me a post card. I have received 4 priceless postcatds from sweet, dear, and cherished bloggers. I e mail with 2 people who live in Paris. I hope you truly get to go...all the history and artwork that is there.
This painting does remind me of MA in a spring garden...it is sunrays to the soul.
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
ANGEL HUGS
Simply Debbie