Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Journals.....

I've probably mentioned a time or two how much I enjoy incorporating words into my work.  That's probably one reason why I love making my art journals so much.  This past week, my kids have been out of school for a winter break and tho' I love them dearly; I just can't concentrate on painting when they're around!  So, it was a perfect week for journal making!
  plus, I needed to finish my journal for my OWOH giveaway....
So, here they are:
This is the one I did for OWOH and I used a "new to me" quote for her:
"The soul should always stand ajar; ready to welcome the ecstatic experience." Emily Dickinson

These other two are now in my Etsy shop:



I actually did one more but haven't gotten photos of it yet......and it does have words in it too- (I try to vary ones with and without words to accommodate different people's tastes.....)
Anyway, when I was looking for quotes, I hit upon a whole series from "The Little Prince" which I haven't read in 30 years....I'd forgotten how wonderful it is!  Here's the quote I used (I'll post pictures later assuming my computer will stay up long enough to upload....:))
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye" Antoine de Saint Exupery
And of course, I've had to rename the painting I used for the journal:
Which to be truthful, I didn't think FIT quite right......so, what was called"Invoking the Glory of Spring" is now; "Seeing with the Heart" which I like MUCH better!
That's all for now, I'll be back in a couple of hours to announce my OWOH winners!
Hugs,
Stephanie

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Love the journal pieces and totally understand the importance of words to art thing.