Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Art me in the Garden- Dog Days of Summer

                                                                  Swallowtail (Ithink) and Butterfly Bush from last Summer
I can't believe that we're almost done with June- this Summer is flying by for me!  We've been in the midst of an awful heat wave with daily temps getting into the upper 90's and the heat index making it even hotter!  Needless to say, I haven't been doing much in the garden.....once it gets hot, all I'm good for is sitting and admiring- or admonishing myself for the flourishing weeds!
Anyway, this last weekend, I was having my coffee and watching the bluebirds feed their babies and the sun created the most beautiful patterns of light and shadows; I  just had to grab my camera!
Dooley Hydrangeas disguising my "Secret Garden"

Entrance to the Veggie Garden

Blackberry Lily with Dooley Hydrangeas, Ginger Lilies and Elephant Ears

In the next week or so, my Limelight Hydrangeas will begin their show as will the Ginger Lilies and Zinnias- I'll be back soon with more of the garden.  And, hopefully, I'll post again tomorrow with pictures of my new painting- I'm almost done except for touch ups :)
Cheers,
Stephanie

8 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Beautiful way to begin my morning with a walk in your lovely garden!
Thank you!!!
I never tire of gardens either, always something happening!

Mila said...

Hi Stephanie :)
another crazy time is fly away for me...Really, june is go out in a few seconds...I hope in a soft & relax july!
Awesome garden!
Hugs,
Mila :)

Priti Lisa said...

So hot here too. Today the humidity dropped! It's true what they say...it's not the heat, it's the humidity.
I love summer! And your garden :)
xox

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous pics, Stephanie!

Charlie said...

So pretty! I'm like you in that it's so hard for me to work in the yard in the summer. It's all I can do to keep everything watered. If it's not in the ground by now it's not gonna happen.
Can't wait to see your painting.

Barb said...

oh how peaceful and relaxing! Thanks for sharing.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hi Stephanie,

I always love your garden updates and showing what is in bloom. I've been so busy (as you read), I almost missed this post. I'm really impressed with the elephant ears. I had one of those bulbs once, brought it in year after year in the winter, then one year it had turned to mush. I'm always in awe of anyone who can get these to live a long and healthy life. Have a super day and weekend, too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey Stephanie,

Blogger showed my comment was published, but I didn't see it appear. I sure hope it didn't get lost in inter-space.