Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

what's Up In The Studio?

O.K. so seriously, I call my work space a "studio" with tongue in cheek and the wishful thinking that some day I WILL have a studio......  But for now, I'm happy to have my own desk with all my stuff spread out in general disorder, at least it's MY disorder!  I'm trying to post more often and because I work SO slowly, I've decided to start a weekly posting visiting my works in progress.  Hopefully, seeing pieces at this point won't cause people to run screaming horror from their computer screens (as I sometimes feel like doing when a piece isn't going just the way I'd hoped...;))  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of my desk in it's current state.....
Please allow me to introduce Peri, my mentor and muse and sharer of studio, er desk space, He says, "Welcome!"

You can see that he's guarding or sharing space with my new painting in the poppy series.....which is in the VERY early stages, and kind of an example of what kind of work I turn out when I'm not feeling well (like yesterday.....) hopefully, I'll be able to turn it around today.

Also on my desk, are the preps for what *might* be my subsission for this week's challenge at Inspiration Avenue.  The theme is "Purple" and I'm doing an altered board book with either an original painting of morning glories or a pair of my Joie de Vivre figures- haven't decided yet.  If I do the Morning Glories, I already have a book prepped and ready to go.....it all depends on how it goes with my poppy.

Last but not least of the projects on my desk is the book I started for last weeks challenge at IA but didn't get quite finished.  Also, I didn't feel like it fit the theme of "Reflections" well enough to justify rushing to the finish.  (FYI- on the last page, the packet contains zinnia seeds) I just need to do a little more on the outer cover and I'm done- note Peri's butt gradually reclaiming his, um MY space....
Anyway, that's what's going on in my "studio" at my desk......now I have to convince Peri that it's time to move his napping position to the bedroom....and get back to the desk before another kitty takes his spot ;)
Cheers,
Stephanie

4 comments:

Plumrose Lane said...

This is such a great posting! I loved seeing where you work - great view and company! And seeing your work in progress is a real treat!
That book your working on is enchanting and I love the seed packet! Is is a tiny folding book? Do you sell these type of things? It's really lovely!
Thanks for sharing ~ ♥Sharon

Priti Lisa said...

I love this post :) It is always fun to see work in progress. I was looking in your shop the othe day...those seed books are a really nice gift idea.
Your company is cute, the first picture was clicked at the perfect moment.
xox, Lisa

Luthien Thye said...

ooooooo!!!! that was really interesting!! WIP :)) loving the colors on the purple challenge already :) and man! your "supposedly" reflection book looks super gorgeous!!!

Maggie said...

Wow, you have a lot going on! I love everything. The purple challenge piece looks intriguing.

Your co-worker looks like he might be in need of a cup of coffee LOL!

I have the same problem with my workspace. My table is beside a window, and as we all know, any time a table is by a window, the surrounding space belongs to the cat! I just have to convince him the whole table is not his!