Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekly Challenge at Inspiration Avenue & My New Acrylic Painting- Heart of a Daffodil

Here's my newest painting that I just finished- luckily, I was able to make it fit the theme for this week at Inspiration Avenue which was "Hearts".  I am very happy with this one, and it's actually the largest canvas I've done to date measuring a whopping (for me at least..) 10" x 20" and the paint literally flew off my brush- thank you muse!  I'll be listing it in my Etsy shop sometime today and you can check in there for more images and information.
I would love to see any of you come play with us at Inspiration Avenue, as you can see; interpretation of the weekly themes can be literal or go off in a less orthodox direction as I've done here.  Also, by submitting an entry, you're automatically entered in our monthly giveaway.
Come play with us!

12 comments:

Priti Lisa said...

Gorgeous iris, Stephanie. I love the smell of iris the best...kinda like a sweet-tart, I think.
You are amazing!
xox, Lisa

Priti Lisa said...

Geez...while I was saving this picture for the challenge post, I realized it is not an iris, but a daffadil...how daft am I? Forgive me.

Must have candy on the brain :)

extra hugs,
Lisa

Luthien Thye said...

another beautiful painting! a most delicate heart stephanie ... love the sweet romantic colors you chose and how you combined them ... simply divine my fren :)

Lynn said...

Wow, look at the gorgeous colors, your work is always such an inspiration to a wanna be painter like myself :)

artangel said...

This is yummy Stephanie - sweetly romantic, and perfect for almost-Spring! I love those long thin canvases too!

Unknown said...

Lisa, LOl, my husband thought it was a lily at first.....that's the problem (bonus?) to creating semi-abstract paintings ;)

Shelinwa said...

wow very cool Love the softness of this

Shel

Charlie said...

Gorgeous colors Stephanie! Reminds me of spring which I'm so ready for.
Your work is beautiful as always.

Plumrose Lane said...

Gee this is beautiful Stephanie, really gorgeous!!♥

ChatElaine said...

What a superb interpretation to the theme, gorgeous! I really love seeing your artwork Stephanie and wish I could have joined in this weeks challenge because I love hearts so much, but work committments just didn't allow. Hope you had a lovely weekend ♥♥

WrightStuff said...

Wow - lovely. I was going to paint a bunch I bought the other day - so nice to see some hints of Spring!

Chris said...

Love those colors! The softness of it is just really lovely.