Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Palette & Paint Thursday- New WIP

Here we are again with Palette and Paint Thursday hosted by the Amazing Tracey Potter!  I'm working on another of my small 6" x 6" canvases again featuring my garden.  This is based on a series of pictures I took of a broken sculpture set amongst my pansies.  I like two different versions of of the pansies, so I included both here.
Here's what I have so far:
And my palette....

And so you can get an idea of where I'm going with it....
 I used this face and the pansy on the right...
 
and
these two pansies on the left.  I LOVE pansies, don't you?
That's all for now, try to stop by Tracey's blog to last week's entries for P&P- it's a wonderful collection as always!
x
Stephanie

8 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Your art is dreamy, it moves and your palette is
Luscious!!!!!!!!!

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful artwork already, such a gorgeous palette. x

Tracey FK said...

I do love me a pansy... I actually pulled out some seeds to do an autumn planting, but it has been too wet to get them done this week... maybe next week... I am loving the painterliness of your paintings at the moment... just luscious...xx

Jaime Haney said...

It's off to a great start and I really like that angle you're using. Your pansies are soooo pretty :)

xx Jaime

Fallingladies said...

I love pansies too but i really love the way you do concrete in your grays and neutrals! That's quite the challenge, especially so small like this!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your WIP is a dream! Hugs, Valerie

An'Angelia Thompson said...

I really enjoy these little snippets of your garden, Stephanie. These 6x6 paintings are adorable!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love your work Stephanie, you are an exceptional artist! I can't wait to see this one finished.